Tofu Scramble with Kale and Avocado
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 4 kale leaves, stalks removed
- 2-3 tablespoons nut milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup 9oz of tofu
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- (optional) sprouts or arugula on top
- Stir nut milk, nutritional yeast, tamari, mustard, turmeric, red pepper, and salt in a bowl to create a tofu marinade.
- Squeeze and pat tofu dry with a paper or clean cloth towel. Do so gently. Dry it out as much as possible.
- Crumble tofu in a bowl with the marinade and mix together.
- Heat avocado oil over medium heat and add the onion and garlic to the saucepan, cook until golden brown.
- Add Kale and cook till soft (1-3 minutes).
- Add tofu mixture and cook (3-5 minutes).
- Serve and garnish with sliced avocado and optional sprouts or greens.