- 1 cup blanched almonds or cashews
- 3 cups water
- In blender, combine nuts and water; purée until smooth. Serve as is or continue with the next phase for a thicker consistency.
- Place a strainer over a medium pan. Pour the pureed nut milk through the strainer into the pan using a spoon to scoop out nut mixture to facilitate flow.
- Warm the strained milk over medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, to desired thickness. Serve warm or chill in the fridge.
* add a pinch of cinnamon, ground cardamom, or vanilla extract before puréeing.
* add 1 split vanilla bean pod and its seeds to the milk when boiling over medium heat. Simmer for at least 15 minutes, stir continuously. Strain vanilla pod and seeds.