Breezeway Lip Scrub
Aura Cacia Breezeway Lip Scrub Recipe
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of apricot kernel oil
- 6 drops Aura Cacia Breezeway Essential Oil (or another Lavender essential oil)
- 1 drop of Non-GMO vitamin E oil
- 2 tablespoons of fine organic sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic unrefined shea butter
- Your choice of lip balm containers
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl and stir with a fork until you have a blended pasty concoction.
- Pack mixture tightly into container of choice.
As often as you wish, massage your homemade lip scrub in a circular motion on your lips. Allow to sit for a few minutes, then rinse gently with warm water or remove with a warm washcloth. Pat lips dry and apply your favorite hydrating lip balm.
In Ayurveda, Lavender is used to treat anxiety and stress. Vata is the Dosha (or biological humor) associated with all pathways of movement. Movement of thought, energy, emotion, blood flow, breath. Therefore, we are all balancing various degrees of Vata on a day to day basis in our body, mind, and spirit. Lavender can be restorative for all of us.